Five Reasons to Stream DCBC Event
Tonight, Druid City Brewing Company will be hosting their 2020 Night Cap Livestream as a means for any and everybody to enjoy a night of live-performed music via social media! This event was pulled together as a safe way for music lovers to enjoy live music from the comfort and safety of their own via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube). Although the event is free, viewers are encouraged to donate to the DCBC Moving fund to help the brewery in its plan to move across the parking lot to a larger space.
The brewery is currently one of the smaller taprooms in Tuscaloosa, but that is no indication of their popularity. DCBC has a fiercely loyal fan club and plays host to many patrons throughout the week, hosting comedy open mic nights, live music, and of course, trivia nights! The brewery has made plans to expand to this larger space as 2020 has made the smaller location difficult to accommodate all the well-loved regulars of Druid City. This live, virtual event is a means for the brewery to continue expanding while offering the incredible live music we have been craving since the beginning of all the COVID chaos!
Here are five reasons you should join in on the virtual fun tonight, December 18th from 7 pm to 1 am:
- Enjoy live performed music from the safety of your own home. The event is accessible via social media on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube starting at 7 pm. While using these social media platforms, be sure to use every day social media etiquette when interacting with the performers or other viewers!
- Support the Druid City Brewing Company taproom in its goal to move to a larger space. DCBC is accepting donations via Venmo at @DCBC_moving and on CashApp and Paypal at @DCBCMoving. These donations will be going directly to the brewery to help with the cost of moving to a larger space where patrons can continue enjoying their favorite craft beers while staying safely distanced from one another!
- Discover the over 20 musical acts that will be performing. All acts have been laid out on the Facebook event page above and feature a range of different styles and genres. While there may be some names you recognize, there will be plenty of names that you will be excited to learn more about! This is an incredible opportunity to both support these bands with your ears and maybe discover a new favorite band to listen to.
- Get a tour of the future taproom location hosted by the bartenders themselves! Amidst the music and entertainment of the evening, there will be a guided tour of the new Druid City location just right across the parking lot from their previous location. This tour will be guided by your favorite DCBC bartenders and will give you a layout of what future evenings out will look like!
- In addition to the Friday night event, enjoy a 24-hour stream of the concert again on Christmas Day! Some may not be able to attend this Friday evening, so the crew over at Druid City will be using the Christmas holiday as a way to re-showcase all the incredible talented featured during the Night Cap. This live stream will be available via the same social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube) and start at midnight Christmas Eve to midnight on Christmas Night.
Log onto Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube on Friday night to enjoy an evening of music from all around! If you are not able to attend the live stream but still want to donate to the fundraiser, the brewery is also accepting donations now on Venmo: DCBC_moving and on CashApp and Paypal at DCBCMoving. So enjoy the night in, pour a glass of your favorite beverage – maybe even a Druid City Brewing Company brew – and relax to an evening of live-performed music.
Written by: Will Baggett