14 Unconventional Valentine's Day Dates
Get artsy at home
- Get a little creative and have a craft night for you and your significant other. Pick up some canvases and acrylic paint and put your skills to the test, whether you are drawing each other or a landscape. If you want to try something a little bit more daring check out these websites for more ideas.
Spa night at home
– Treat each other to some face masks and massages. Customize your spa night to meet yours and your partner’s needs. If you need face masks, oils for massages, or supplies for pedicures, you can pick up your supplies at Target or Sally Beauty.
– Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth. Choose your favorite sweets and get competitive in the kitchen. See who makes the better cake, cookies, pies, or bread. Or showcase your decorating skills with dipped strawberries, pretzels, or peanuts.
– Grab a bottle of wine, a blanket, and find somewhere quiet to check out the stars. Clear skies are in the forecast for Friday night, so this could be a great opportunity.
– All is fair in love and nerf war. Grab some nerf guns and plenty of darts for a fun-filled competitive night.
Board games and puzzle Night
– Round up all of your favorite childhood board games for a game night.
Drink Tasting at Home
– Cravings is the place to pick up some beer, wine or sodas and then do a homemade tasting at home.
Out on the Town
– Check out All Fired Up. You can reserve your spot ahead of time for $14 a couple for an hour and a half. Paint some pottery together or something for each other.
– Waffle House is dimming the lights on Valentine’s Day. This is the only night Waffle House accepts reservations.
Buy outfits at the thrift store for each other
– Put the responsibility in your partner and let them pick the direction your outfit is going in. See which side of the spectrum your significant other gets your outfit, whether it be cute or crazy.
– Pack up a picnic and head to Lake Laureen for a picnic. Don’t forget your cutlery and drinks!
Opening day baseball
– The Alabama Crimson Tide baseball team’s opening night is this Friday at Watch the Tide take on Northeastern at 3 p.m.
– Skate your way through valentine’s day at Super Skate. Open from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m.
– Wander around Tuscaloosa for the monsters. These monsters were designed by elementary students and created by artists around town. Check out the website.